Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Magic with Words



Objective: Students will learn and show what the "Magic E" does to a short vowel sound when it's put at the end of a word. 

Educational Technology Standard 8: Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. 


  • It was a lot of fun finding these videos to enhance the learning experience for these kids. Videos always have the ability to draw kids in and so I believe that this will be a very useful tool as I continue. 
  • I won't have them go out and find videos because that is scary and there is a lot of things that need to be avoided. It would be best if I just showed them the ones that would benefit their learning experience. If they would like to use this tool I would suggest that they have adult supervision on how to type in certain things and make sure what they are watching is appropriate. 
  • In the end I will have words and the magic e wand and they will have to tell me what happens when the magic e is attached to the word. It will be a fun way to have the students participate and I think it will be a great success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment