Thursday, January 28, 2016

Food for Fun!


Objective: Students will learn and be able to apply what good foods they need to eat to keep their bodies healthy.

Educational Technology Standard 8: Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. 



  • Even though YouTube can be used wrong I believe that the educational videos on there are important tools to help me in my teaching. There is a lot of good that I could use in my future lessons and I have seen how much kids get excited about watching a video, even if it is a couple of minutes. It breaks up the original schedule and adds some excitement. 
  • As I have said before, this is tool can become a time waster. It would be best if the students didn't use this tool. They will get stuck on it and won't come out for a very long time. I have done that a couple of times and it is such a downer to my day. 
  • In the end to make sure they understand. I will give them a worksheet that has pictures of different foods. With this they will have two columns, they will cut out the pictures, and glue them into the correct place. If they are correct they can color the pictures, if not I will help them learn it in a different way so that they can understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment