Thursday, January 21, 2016

Learning by Numbers




Objective: Students will learn strategies of counting, adding, and subtracting and will be able to tell the difference between them. 

Educational Technology Standard 8: Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. 

  • I really enjoyed using Pinterest to gather ideas and activities for my future lessons. There are some really cool worksheets and activities that will make learning math fun for the kids. I'm excited to see what I can create using this tool. 
  • I won't have the kids use Pinterest because I feel that it would be too much of a distraction for them and it wouldn't help them learn the material they need to. I want the students to be able to use the activities/worksheets I found using this tool because I believe it will help get the concept across to them in a fun way. 
  • At the end, to make sure they all understand what they've been taught. I plan on giving them a worksheet with different problems on it and they will fill out if the problem needs to be added or subtracted. If they understand we will move on, if not then I will reteach in another way. Below is a link to my board.
Take a look here!

No comments:

Post a Comment