Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Phases of the Moon


Objective: The students will learn the different phases of the moon, will be able to tell the differences, and will know which part of the moon we see on earth.

Standard Objective 8: Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
  • This was a really fun tool to learn and I am pretty sure I will use this one as I continue my education degree. It has so many options, different styles, and different ways you could use it to teach your students. I will for sure keep this one in mind.
  • As the students grow older I think they could for sure use this tool for presentation projects or just showing information about a topic. It would create an easy assignment for me and it would help the students to be creative. It also helps that it is free. I'm not sure the younger kids would be able to use it because they are still learning important skills that they need to know before this tool can become useful to them. 
  • I'm not entirely sure when I would use this because I feel that it could go anywhere. It could go at the beginning when introducing the topic, become a review as you continue to talk about it or it could be used at the end to wrap it up and quiz them to see how much they have learned. Right now, I am thinking to use it to introduce them to the topic. It is simple and tells them what each thing is and adds a fun way to learn something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment